Tom Yum Goong soup combines all the exotic flavours of Thai Food bringing together herbs ingredients such as lemongr
Spicy Soup with Prawn and Lemon Grass Ingredients
1. 12 medium-size shrimps, deveined
2. 10 mushrooms
3. 1 stalk of lemon grass (lightly pounded and cut into 2" long)
4. 3 lime leaves
5. 1 teaspoon of salt
6. 2 tablespoons of fishsauce
7. 3 tablespoons of lime juice
8. 6 hot peppers (pounded lightly)
9. 4 cups of water
10. 1/2 cup of roughly cut coriander leaves
Spicy Soup with Prawn and Lemon Grass Preparations
1. Remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails (for good appearance). Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins. Also clean the mushrooms with water and dry them well before wedging each into quarters.
2. Bring water to boil, then add lemon grass, lime leaves, and shrimps. When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms and salts.
3. Remove the pot from heat after boiling. Then season with fish sauce, lime juice, and hot peppers. Serve the soup while still hot and garnish on top with pieces of coriander leaves.